The NOT so Fit Mom

I restarted my diet yesterday with my husband. We follow a "modified" Atkins if you will. We don't follow the steps to the tee but we try to stick to low-carbing. It has been the most effective diet for the both of us. I can honestly say I don't feel hungry when I'm low-carbing. I initially went on the diet about a year ago. I wanted to take off all the pregnancy weight I gained. When I went in to give birth to Chloe, I weighed in at 215lbs! I had never been that big in my life! I gained 50lbs with the pregnancy. After I gave birth to Chloe, I lost 30lbs in about two weeks. I struggled with the last 20lbs but to be honest I wasn't doing anything about it. I ended up GAINING another 10lbs in Chloe's first year. I was so close to 200lbs again and I wasn't pregnant anymore! I put a stop to that immediately. I started low-carbing and by the grace of God, I lost 30lbs. I was able to reach my pre-pregnancy weight! I've been maintaining that weight consistently for the past year. I restarted again because I would like to lose another 30lbs so I can get to my weight in college.

First day back on I had to take two doses of Ibuprofen because I was withdrawing so bad! I have a small inkling of knowledge of what addicts must feel when they go through withdrawals. I know its not the same but the headaches were migraine status and all because I was starting to eat right. I also cut out the soda. I'm only drinking water. I also tried to incorporate a nice 30min walk. I dusted off the jogging stroller and took Chloe out for a walk with me. She enjoyed the scenery and I tried to get my cardio in the only way I could. Boy was I tired 15mins into the walk. I am so out of shape. I was just walking! I was determined, however, to finish the walk! I did exactly 30mins and I could barely function. I plopped myself down on my couch and couldn't move! That God Tickety Tock was on because I don't know how I would've entertained Chloe otherwise! I know its because I've been living a pretty sedentary lifestyle for the past year. I'm really out of shape but I'm determined to get back into shape and turn those 30min walks into 30min runs! One day at a time!

How about you? Are you a fit mom or dad? Trying to get there? Let me know your experiences. I would love to hear them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How am I supposed to breathe with no air?

Post Tax Season Breather

Makes me wanna...SCREAM