Post Tax Season Breather


April 15th came and went and I couldn't be more pleased with myself. It was my first REAL tax season as a tax accountant. I learned a great deal of information and can honestly say I understand taxes much better than last year and can really hold my own. It was such a rewarding experience for me.

Tax season however proved to be very draining and even more so for my family. During those three months, I had to put in some long hours. On most days I would arrive past 8pm and worked every single Saturday for a full work day. While I was learning and really appreciating what I did, my family felt my absence. It was very tough on me.

Every morning my daughter would tell me how much she missed me and how she did not want me to leave for work. She would call me out and tell me I didn't spend any time with her. She was right and I felt terrible about it. Yet selfishly I didn't know what I could do. The last thing I wanted to do after a 12-14hr day was play blocks with a toddler. All I wanted to do was rest. The house chores fell behind significantly, the house was a constant mess, there were dishes piling up, laundry still in bags, just a mess.

God bless my husband that he did try to help but frankly the man isn't very good with housework. He did his best to take care of the baby when he got home from work and to entertain her on Saturdays but he's a man. Although I know that isn't an excuse, he just doesn't do the house work thing very well. It takes him twice as long as it would take me.

Every night he would call me and ask me what time I was getting home and every night and every Saturday I had to remind him, "Babe, it's tax season." BUT April 15th is now over and work has taken a DRASTIC slow down and I couldn't be happier. My husband is happy and so is my baby. This past Saturday I cleaned the whole house, took the baby out to Coney Island and had some quality family time. I get home on time now, between 6 and 630 and spend time with the baby and hubby.

I'm glad that my job is only ever demanding for three months out of the year, the other nine are cruising. Although its difficult, I know my family will learn to understand and see it as only temporary. I love what I do although time consuming and sometimes boring, but its what I've always wanted to be. I'm working my degree and not many people can say that. But yes...GOODBYE TAX SEASON! Until we meet again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How am I supposed to breathe with no air?

Makes me wanna...SCREAM