No more pencils, no more books!! For now...


Today I officially completed my summer session classes for my masters degree. I'm so proud of myself! It was a very difficult semester for me. My class schedule was so weird and conflicted with life ALL the time. I had classes from 10am-12:30pm Monday - Thursday and 5:30pm-8:30pm Monday and Wednesday. Yup I would go to class twice in one day at completely different times of the day. Luckily it was just for 6 weeks but they were a very difficult six weeks. The pace of the classes was quick since you have to cram four months worth of work into six weeks. The classes were intense to say the least and study time with a toddler, well lets just say its no piece of cake. Especially since my little princess requires, no, DEMANDS so much attention. Plus, to add to the madness, it was hard to find someone to care for Chloe during those odd hours of the day. Since I am determined to finally complete my masters degree this year (its taken me almost 4yrs with taking time off and only going part time) and be finally done with school for sure, I HAD to think of something.

My younger sister lived with me for three weeks of the six to watch Chloe and the other three were divided between my mom and Jeff's mom. The whole situation was not ideal. As much as I love my sister, I love my privacy just as much and having my sister stay on the couch of our one bedroom apartment was not ideal. On those weeks that Chloe stood with her grandmothers, it was difficult on me. I couldn't see her for four days straight because I live in Long Island and our mothers live in Brooklyn. I miss her terribly and get to the point of wanting to cry when I see her little empty bed or her toy chests overflowing with toys. (Being a mom has made me extra sappy lol). Plus she comes back a little terror because her grandmothers let her get away with murder. What I don't allow, they do. I drives me insane and I have to retrain every time she comes home. Annoying!

Thank the Lord that I don't work because this semester and crazy arrangement would've driven me mad. I'm glad its all finally over. I get to pick up Chloe later today. I'm really excited about that. The look on her face when she sees me, after spending a while apart, is priceless.

How about you? Any annoying situations that have put a strain on your life and your life as a mom/dad?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How am I supposed to breathe with no air?

Post Tax Season Breather

Makes me wanna...SCREAM