The "Big Bed"


I put Chloe to bed last night a little before 10pm for the night. She went down with no problems. I told her a quick bed time story, sang twinkle twinkle little star, said "I Love you" and closed the door behind me. My husband and I stayed up late so we can do whatever we didn't get to do while she was awake and spend some time together talking and watching TV. Around 2am, we were getting ready to get to bed when we heard Chloe wake up with a cry. We turned off everything and went in to the room to soothe her and get ourselves to sleep as well. Upon entry into the room, a little someone was sitting up in her bed, wide eyed and bushy tailed. "Oh no," I thought to myself. I was tired and really didn't want to have to stay up any longer to get her sleepy again. I picked her up to soothe her. She had awoken from a nightmare. She said she dreamt with monsters and wanted to sleep in the "big bed".

I put her between my husband and I. Selfishly I guess because I knew she would cuddle with us and fall right to sleep. I told Jeff, I would wait until she was tired enough and I would put her back to her bed myself. She immediately cuddled close to me, I put my head on her head and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes again...It was 6am! I was on the very edge of the bed, I swear I would've fallen if I made a wrong move. Chloe was in the curve of my back, making me arch my back in a very uncomfortable position. I decided to get up and bring her to her bed at that hour. I picked her up, laid her down, covered her and tried to go back to my own bed. Took her about two seconds before she was up again and asking to go back to the big bed. I just brought her back into bed with me and we kept sleeping. I slept on the edge of the bed for the rest of the night/early morning. I tried to move her to her father's side of the bed after he went to work but she just woke up and wanted to play.

Currently I have a horrible back ache, my eyes are tired and I'm not the happiest camper. Note to self, sleep is better with two...not three!

Do you sleep with your child? How's your experience with it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How am I supposed to breathe with no air?

Post Tax Season Breather