Makes me wanna...SCREAM

I think I'm a very patient, loving and understanding person but there are some days where all the wrong buttons are pushed and I feel like I'm going to lose it and scream. Today was one of those days. The culprit? A certain three foot tall diva that calls herself Co-ee.

Last night we brought in the New Year at church. We celebrated with our fellow brothers and sisters and ate some finger foods. We arrived in our house at about 1:30am and we all went to bed around 2. I thought for sure Chloe would sleep in since she went to bed so late, but she didn't. Chloe woke up around 9 and I couldn't be more grouchy. I was able to get her to sleep another hour with me in the bed between my husband and I but that was it. She was up and ready to play. Luckily my husband saw how tired I was and took the baby to the living room to watch cartoons. I thank God for him because I just needed a little more time to sleep if I was going to function properly.

The afternoon went along just fine. We played. Missy was potty training. It was going well...until I heard something fall. About a minute later, Chloe brings me my iPad and yes...the worse that could happen...did happen. The entire screen was cracked and I almost had a heart attack. I was so upset I almost cried. I love my iPad. I use it daily and care for it and now the entire screen was cracked. Not even a small corner...the WHOLE screen! Chloe saw how upset I was and I believe she was genuinely sorry. She put her head down and looked sad too. I kept telling her "Look what you did! You broke my iPad!" I was SOOO mad at her. The part that caught me off guard though was when she came, hugged me and told me "Mommy, I sorry I broke your iPad."I forgave her immediately but I was just so upset. I thanked her for her apology but that wasn't going to fixed my cracked screen. Thankfully my husband put warranty on it. He went to BestBuy for me and it was still covered. They would actually give me a new one to replace it! I guess she did me a favor on that one. However, the incident still left me with a bit of a bad mood and a short fuse.

After her nap she was back to terrorizing. She wrote on the wall, her toys and herself. She made lots of messes and refused to listen. I swear I tried so hard not to blow up on her. She even hit  me. I thought for sure I was going to lose it.  I didn't thankfully...but I wanted to. I just couldn't handle her today. Praise God that my husband was off today. He definitely helped alleviate the pressure and took over when I had moments that I just HAD to walk away from her. I know toddlers are difficult. They get into everything and test every boundary there is. Today was just one of those rare days were everything was going wrong and all I wanted to do was yell at the top of my lungs.

I love my daughter to death. She's my everything. Everything I do, I do for her. Today she just drove me past some limits. I'm glad though that I found ways to try to deal with my stress and NOT take it out on her. She's only 2. I can't hold her accountable for much. She doesn't understand. Definitely, though, walking away for a second helps clear the air so you can get back on track. Tomorrow she'll probably misbehave again but I'll be able to handle it and get through the day.

Has your baby driven you to a breaking point?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How am I supposed to breathe with no air?

Post Tax Season Breather